10 Lines On Guru Purnima In English. Guru Purnima is one of the famous festivals of India. According to the Hindu calendar, the full moon day of the Shukla Paksha of Ashada is celebrated as Guru Purnima. It is believed that in ancient times, students after taking full education from their Guru. On this day, they used to offer Dakshina to his Guru and offer prayers to him.
10 Lines On Guru Purnima In English For Student and Children’s
This day is also celebrated as Maharishi Veda Vyasa – the birthday of the author of the Mahabharata scripture. He also composed the four Vedas, so you are called by the name of “Ved Vyas”. He was considered the guru of the entire human race. The birth anniversary of Saint Guisadas, a disciple of Saint Kabir, is also celebrated on the day of Guru Purnima. It was on this day that Lord Gautam Buddha gave his first sermon at Sarnath. It was on this day that Lord Shiva gave knowledge of yoga to the Saptarishis and became the first Guru.
In Indian culture, gurus are considered as Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh, the principal. It is said in the Puranas that Guru is like Brahma and it is very important. Because the Guru shows the right path. Therefore, on the day of Guru Purnima, many people worship their Guru or saints’.
Celebration of Guru Purnima is one thing that people should observe. There are many schools that traditionally celebrate this festival by washing the feet of the Gurus which is called “Padma Puja” in Hindu words. Thereafter many programs are organized by the disciples including classical songs, dances, havan, kirtan, and Geeta recitation.
10 Lines On Guru Purnima In English ( Set – 1 )
- On the day of Guru Purnima, the guru who teaches and guides us is worshiped.
- Well, in Hinduism, the full moon comes every month, but this full moon coming in the month of Ashadha has special significance.
- Because according to the scriptures, it is said that Maharishi Veda Vyas was born on this day.
- This full moon is celebrated in honor of Maharishi Ved Vyas. Therefore, Guru Purnima is also called Vyas Purnima.
- On the day of Guru Purnima, there is a law to worship the Guru. In fact, worship of the Guru is also important because by his grace one can achieve anything.
- The glory of Guru is transcendent. Knowledge cannot be attained without a Guru. Guru is also ranked above God.
- Guru is worshiped on this day. Students living in old age Gurukul worship their Guru, especially on Guru Purnima day.
- This day has great importance in Hinduism. On this day, after getting up early in the morning and taking a bath.
- A picture of Vyas Ji should be offered to his Guru by offering flowers or garlands.
- And one should sit on a pedestal and wear a wreath. Then touch Guru’s feet and seek blessings.
10 Lines On Guru Purnima In English ( Set – 2 )
- Every year on Ashad Purnima (full moon day), Guru Purnima is celebrated.
- It is believed that the Full moon of Ashad represents a teacher and clouds that surround the moon represent students.
- On this day, according to Hindu tradition, students pay respects and homage to their teachers.
- Guru Purnima is also known as Vyas Purnima.
- During Dwapar Yug, Adrika named celestial nymph got pregnant by the Chedi king.
- Adrika was cursed by a Yogi because she disturbed his meditation. She was cursed to be a fish and She lived in the Yamuna river.
- One day, a fisherman caught Adrika in the Yamuna river.
- Adrika was pregnant, so she gave birth to a child.
- Fisherman adopted her and named her Satyavati. She was also known as Matsyagandha.
- Satyavati was very beautiful. She used to ride a boat to help her father.
10 Lines On Guru Purnima In English ( Set – 3 )
- One day, Rishi Parashara came to the edge to cross the Yamuna river. He rode the boat of Satyavati.
- Rishi Parashara got smitten by the beauty of Satyavati. Once they reached an island he confessed his feelings to her.
- Satyavati believed that their relationship wouldn’t be accepted by society.
- So, she kept three conditions in front of Rishi Parashara. Her first condition was, “No one may see us” Rishi Parashara agreed and covered the island with fog using his powers.
- Her second condition was, “Fish-like odor that comes from me should be transformed into a beautiful fragrance.” Rishi Parashara agreed and granted her wish.
- Her third condition was, “It should be a secret and my virginity should remain intact.”
- Rishi Parashara agreed to her third condition as well and gave her blessings.
- Satyavati gave birth to a baby on that island. It is believed to be the day of Ashad Purnima.
- They named the child Krishna Dwaipayana. Because the child’s features matched God Krishna.
- Dwaipayan means,” one born on an island” Later, became famous as Vyas.
10 Lines On Guru Purnima In English ( Set – 4 )
- Due to the blessings of Rishi Parashara, the child soon grew up as a youth.
- He went in search of knowledge bidding his mother goodbye.
- He gathered knowledge on Ved, Dharmasastra, and Upanishad.
- He knew the importance of knowledge and believed everyone should have access to knowledge.
- He classified Vedas into 4 Veda Rig Veda, Sama Veda, Yajur Veda, and Atharva Veda So, he became famous as Ved Vyas.
- Veda is the oldest religious literature. Veda means knowledge. Vedas contain spiritual knowledge encompassing all aspects of life.
- Along with Veda, he wrote Puranas, Yoga bhasya and Mahabharata.
- It is believed that Vyasa narrated the entire Mahābhārata without pause and Shree Ganesha agreed to write.
- Veda Vyas shared his knowledge selflessly. So, he is believed to be the teacher of the first Guru.
- To pay homage to him and all selfless teachers Guru Purnima day is celebrated.
Guru has great importance in our life. The Guru leads us from the darkness of ignorance to the light of knowledge. Future life is created by the Guru only.